In addition to the requirements for the School of Graduate Studies, applicants should pay attention to the content of their personal statement.
These are the things that members of the MSLT admissions committee look for:
- Why do you want to be a language teacher?
- Why do you wish to pursue the MSLT degree?
- What do you bring that we might be interested in?
- What have you taught? What context? For how long? When/where?
- Have you lived in a cultural context outside your culture of origin for at least 6 months? Describe.
- Have you learned or attempted to learn another language (not your native language). Describe how this experience informs your teaching.